A big weekend, Relay for Life.
Mum and Dad come down because Dad was working at the Relay, Steven went back up the Coast to work on the house. Tahlia was very unco-operative on Friday night/Saturday morning. 3.30am - "Wake up Mummy it's time to play" 1 and 1/2 hours later Mum finally got her back to sleep, Thanks Mum.
So Saturday morning was setting up for the relay and then in the afternoon I had a nanna nap as did Justin, Tahlia and Mum.
Then we headed back down to the relay for tea and the very moving candelight ceremony, then I stayed on for my leg of the walk from 11pm - 1am. Dad walked with me for the last hour which was a big effort considering he had been on his feet since9am!! - Thanks Dad.
The relay raised heaps of money, over $115,000 which is massive in our little community.
So today is a catch up day, well kind of, Mum did all my washing and ironing while she was here!!!
Justin and I cooked Snickerdoodle biscuits while Tahlia slept, and I scrapped again - in between bringing the washing in.
4 more days till Easter, last week was a pretty big one at work and then on the weekend, so I am looking forward to a couple of quiet days.
Start of a new half at work tomorrow, I like new beginnings, so I need to do a bit of stuff for that too, make some pretty graphs and tables.....ah love it!!
(seriously)
geeze you did have a big weekend. no wonder your a tired girl!! Hope you had fun at the Relay, from what I've heard it was really fantastic!! Still coming up here at Easter?
ReplyDeleteHugs
Karen
xxx